Thursday, March 27, 2014

The healthiest pancake you'll ever eat.

In my previous post I mentioned my current favorite breakfast is this 2 ingredient banana egg combo that turns into a pancake. Yes, I was skeptical as well. I gave it a shot a few weeks back, because if it seemed like a healthier alternative to a delicious carb-y filled normal pancake. Basically if it's a carb, I love it. But I think we all know that woman can not live off carbs alone because we'd grow to the size of a house. Boo. 

So I tried it out and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a huge banana fan which was another reason I was skeptical. But they turned out delish and are now in my current breakfast rotation. 

Ingredients:

1 Banana, mashed
1 egg, beaten

Directions:

Mix ingredients together. And now here's the part where I turn it into a 4 ingredient pancake. I add a tablespoon of chia seeds and a tablespoon of ground flaxseed. Not necessary, but a great way to up pack a nutritional punch. 


Lightly coat your pan with coconut (or cooking spray, or whatever you like to use) and heat your griddle to medium heat. 



Once heated, pour on a 1/4 cup of batter. I can usually get 2 or 3 "pancakes" out it, depending on the size.

Flip after a few minutes and let them finish cooking. Then plop them on a plate and drizzle a little bit of syrup on top. Delish.



Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 

XO, 
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment