Monday, June 3, 2013

Day Trip to Shenandoah

Birthday shenanigans got an early start yesterday when my good friend Em surprised me with a fun day hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains. I've been wanting to go fooorever and it just hasn't worked out yet. She knew this, so she planned with Ryan to take me after church and he graciously stayed back with the kiddos
(one of those being a teething baby. Thanks babe!).
 
 I don't know what it is about mountains but just being surrounded by them makes me feel closer to God. Seeing His amazing work displayed on such a majestic scale is breathtaking. Creation really does proclaim his name.

Psalm 19:1- "The heavens declare the glory of God: the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
 



 
When we got to the top, a storm was rolling in across the valley. As a lover of storms it was so cool to watch it all happen from a mountain top. (Random fact: One of my dream jobs is to be a storm chaser. Yes, I'm serious. Maybe after the kids are graduated and out of the house? I could be the world's oldest storm chaser...)

 
Pictures really don't do these views justice.
 
 
 
Other than some chipmunks, a bunny and a little snake (which came with a mini heart from yours truly), this was the only bear we saw ;) Such a happy fella.
 
 
Thanks for an awesome day, Em!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment