Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hurry Up, Fall!

I'm a colder weather kind of girl. I know I'm probably in the minority when it comes down to it but that's fine by me. Maybe it has to do with all the holidays and fun that go along with the cooler weather or maybe it's the fact that unless I'm burning a bajillion calories in spin class, I don't want to be sweating all the time, thankyouverymuch

Today is August 7 and do y'all know what that means? It means we're only 24 days away from pumpkins and fall decor!! Come September 1st, our casa is officially saying "Adios!" summer and "Helloooo, there!" fall ;)

Thanks to Pinterest, I've got some fun ideas of how I want to bring fall festiveness into our home. Here are some of my favorites so far:

Garlands

I love them! They instantly make any room just a bit more festive! I love this simple, white pom pom garland from West Elm to hang across mantle for everyday. 


These fall inspired garlands are so creative! I think I'm going to have to give the pinecone one a try ;)

(source

Pumpkins

Nothing says "It's fall!" like pumpkins. There are so many fun ways to dress them up too! Glitter, lace, paint, carving etc... The options are endless!






Candles 

There is just something about certain smells that bring back memories or get you excited for something. Fall inspired scents are the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit.


 (source)



Okay, so now are you ready for Fall? ;)

In the next few weeks I'm planning to post some of our family's favorite cold weather recipes. Hello crockpot, soups, chili and casseroles! 

XO,

Laura

[You can follow me on Pinterest >>  Laura Johnson]

No comments:

Post a Comment