Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thoughts

My brain has been in over drive these past few weeks.
Lots of changes happening to our little family in the coming months. 
Exciting changes.
Some a little scary. (hi, homeschooling)
But for the most part, all good changes.

Here's a little glimpse into what I've been thinking about lately...

[Ryan's new job]
HUGE blessing for our family in so many ways. So thankful for God's provision and this new opportunity for Ry.

[Family pictures coming up]
Uh, I'd say we're a few years overdue. 
We talk about it every year and every year it never happens.
This is the year people. This is the year. 

[Homeschooling]
Depending on the day I'm either super excited or super terrified.
I know God is going to use this experience (whether it's just this one year or we do it until graduation)
to stretch me.
 To strengthen my faith. 
To push me to rely fully on Him.

[Fall meals]
Big shocker here, right? ;)
I'm determined to use my crockpot a LOT more this season.
Lots of soups, hearty stews and casseroles.
And of course pumpkin flavored everything.

[Field trip ideas & family fun]
Pumpkin patch/hayride. Apple picking at Carter's Mountain. Museums (Air & Space, Spy, Children's)
Zoo. Football games and Chili with friends. Pumpking painting. Skyline drive & hiking.
Nature scavenger hunt. Picnics. Bake treats for friends & family. Operation Christmas Shoebox.

fall chalkboard

Ry watched the kids so I could get a mani/pedi. It was glorious.

Soaking up every last minute at the pool

This kid loves to build things.

Cheers to family ice cream dates.

A little summer work to keep their minds sharp ;)

Teething. 

All for now!

XO,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment